CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Hupcakes and Blessings

So the other night we were walking back from the park and Isabel was in the wagon, when she started laughing really hard at a little inside joke she and Collin had...they do this quite often. Anyway, when Isabel laughs really hard, she starts hiccuping...a lot! She was so cute she started giggling even more and said, mommy my hupcakes won't stop!

Later that night, Isabel and Collin were in their PJs and Isabel was super cinderella, and Collin was superman with the cape and everything. Collin was the superhero saving the princess in distress, and he went to Isabel laying on the ground saying she was hurt. And he started giving her a blessing. It was so sweet, because he's seen daddy giving Gavin and Isabel blessings when they're sick. He asked that Heavenly Father would heal her...very sweet, but of course Jamie had to explain to him that only daddy can give blessings. We had a mini-priesthood lesson with him. Jamie told him that it was good that he believed that Heavenly Father would heal someone who's sick, but we only call on that power when someone's really sick. And that only daddy and other men who have that power can use it. I think Collin was a little confused, but he got the basic idea. I love how well my kids play together (most of the time, when Collin isn't teasing like all brothers do). They really love each other. Collin told Isabel last night that she was the "best stister (that's not a typo, that's how he says it, with an st at the beginning) that I could ever have".

The other night we were at the pool swimming together. When we finished we went to the hot tub to warm up before we got dressed. Of course we had the kids just sit on the edge and we splashed hot water on them. The three kids were sitting in a row on the edge with Jamie and I in front of them splashing them with the hot water. Isabel was in between her brothers. She grabbed both of their hands, then pulled them into a hug on either side of her and said, "we're a happy family", "Daddy, can we sing the family song?" It's the one that goes I love Collin he loves me, we love Isabel yessirree, she loves us and so you see, we are a happy family. That's one of her favorite songs. So in the hot tub at our gym, we sang that song...and I had tears in my eyes. It seems kind of silly now, but it was such a touching moment for me. I am so glad that my kids love me so much despite all my faults, and that they know that we love them, and that we're a happy family, and we will always be a family. I just melt every time my kids tell me and Jamie that they love us. And my Collin who suddenly became a tall lanky smarty pants "big boy" has me wrapped around his baby finger when he says, "Mommy, you are the best mommy in the whole world". I know that's not true, and I certainly try, but he really believes it and he makes me feel so much better when he says those words to me. My kids are so sweet, and they make all the endless laundry and dishes worth it. They make all the sleepless nights easier to bear. I am so grateful for my kids and for their dad who is such a family man and would do absolutely anything for them; for our family. Sorry so longwinded...just feeling very humble and grateful for my countless blessings, at the end of the day, I am the best mommy to my son, and that is worth a million bucks!

1 comments:

Rob Lange said...

Wow!!!That's awesome. I love you guys too and I'm grateful that you are both such good parents for our beautiful grandkids. Thanks for posting that. It made my day!!!